Get started now!
Welcome to Flower and Jane Studio Circle '23
Join flower and jane featured artists for a live chat the second Saturday of each month. Hosted on Google Meet and featuring a sliding scale to sign up. Join our studio circle to see the host artist’s studio and behind-the-scenes not found on social media, ask questions of the host artist, and socialize with other paper flower artists.
This series revenue goes toward the flower and jane 2023 capital campaign to upgrade and maintain it as an online art school. Once purchased, you will be able to access all the live meetings via a link. The price will be set up as Pay What Works, with several pricing tiers, all giving the same amount of access.
- January 14 2023 Host local time Stine Berg Evensen, Tabletakes, based in the Netherlands, (click her name to go to her website)
- February 11 2023 Host local time Kathryn Bondy, Golden Age Botanicals, based in Canada (click her name to go to her website)
- March 11 2023 Host local time Natasha Vourdanos, Bella Paper Flora, based in Australia (click her name to go to her website)
- April 8 2023 Host local time Uurmi Bhatia, Mi Ikigai, based in India (click her name to go to her website)
- May 13 2023 Host local time Jasmina Gluszynski, Paper Meadow Studio, based in the UK (click her name to go to her website)
- June 10 2023 Host local time Moni Escobar, Ita Lillywhite, based in the UK (click her name to go to her website)
- July 8 2023 Host local time Indira Sanchez, Yiyagami, based in Texas (click her name to go to her website)
- August 2023 12 Host local time Sharla Royeppen, Floral Fantasies Paper, based in South Africa (click her name to go to her online course)
- September 9 2023 Host local time Gem Weir, Petals and Paper, based in the UK (click her name to go to her online course)
- October 14 2023 Host local time TBA
- November 11 2023 Host local time TBA
- December 9 2023 Host local time TBA
A Master of Science in Education with a dozen years in the classroom, plus roles writing curriculum, connecting classrooms, writing policy, and organizing data, Amity is a teacher, writer, artist, and friend.
She is the principal behind the creative education studio, flower and jane. Her online art school features teaching artists from around the world with over 1500 students enrolled in creative botanical education courses.
Amity and her family live on a 50-acre forest farm in the foothills of western Maine. They love to have adventures in nature!
Amity's research on open educational resources was federally funded during the Obama administration. She has presented at the state level and internationally in the field of teaching with technology. She has written curriculum for Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens as well as for her own company and hosted two educational conferences on biodiversity and conservation for Maine teachers.